Authors interested in presenting scientific data on all aspects of clinical oncology in the community practice setting should submit an abstract for review. Abstracts of superior quality will be selected by the scientific program committee for a poster presentation at the 7th Annual Community Oncology Conference (March 30-31, 2012) and will be published in Community Oncology. Abstracts will also be available for viewing online at www.CommunityOncology.net.
The deadline for submission of an abstract is March 10, 2012. Please note that this deadline is final, and we can offer no special consideration to submissions received after this date; abstracts received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
All abstracts must be submitted via electronic mail, as a Word document attachment. Abstracts should be sent to the attention of Renée Matthews, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions must also be accompanied by an abstract submission form (click here) and a faculty disclosure form (click here).
Confirmation of Submission
Presenters will be notified by e-mail upon receipt of all parts of the submission, including (1) the abstract, (2) the Abstract Submission Form, and (3) the Faculty Disclosure Form.
Notification regarding acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be made by e-mail by March 17, 2012 . At that time, further details about the conference schedule and poster specifications will be provided to the presenting author. If you have not received an e-mail notification by February 17, 2012, please contact Renee Matthews at email@example.com or call 240-221-2461.
Read these guidelines carefully before sending the abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted via e-mail, as a Word document attachment.
- All abstracts will be peer reviewed. Acceptance will be based on originality and importance to the field of supportive oncology. The decision of the scientific committee in this regard will be final.
- When submitting an abstract for consideration, please include the following:
- Title: The abstract title should be brief and reflect the contents of the abstract.
- Authors: List all authors by last name followed by initials of first and middle names. Please indicate the presenting author's name. All correspondence will be with the presenting author.
- Affiliations: Please group institutions together and provide institution names, cities, state/provinces, and country of origin if not the United States.
- Content: Abstracts should be organized according to four sections: Background, Methods, Results, Discussion. Abstracts may include one data table, but illustrations and figures are not permitted. Abstracts may not be longer than 250 words.
- Abstracts will be judged solely on the data submitted. Promises that "further data will be provided" are discouraged and will decrease the likelihood of the abstract's acceptance.
- Data from long-term clinical trials may be represented if there is significant new information to add.
- Only standard abbreviations should be used, and they should be kept to a minimum.
- Use generic names for drugs.
Read these conditions carefully before sending the abstract.
- All submitters who are accepted for poster presentations must register and pay conference registration fees. Only abstracts by authors who have paid their registration fees as of March 17, 2012 will be scheduled for posting and included in the conference materials.
- There are no limits to the number of abstracts an individual may author, however, abstract fees apply to each abstract.
- Accepted abstracts will be on display throughout the conference during exhibit hall hours.
- Submission of the abstracts automatically grants the organizers permission to publish them in Community Oncology and on the Web at www.CommunityOncology.net.
- Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published exactly as submitted and should be checked for accuracy and misspelling prior to submission.
- Requests for withdrawal of a poster must be made in writing before March 10, 2012.
The fee for submitting an abstract is $300 (per abstract).
Download Form Here